Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summer Is Coming!


We've been getting back into the swing of summer here. Sending out applications for different craft shows in the area and I can't help but get excited. I love the atmosphere while being at the shows. And they all have their own different feel. Some shows are more home style.  It's less about the vendors and what they have and more about everyone in the community coming together and doing something together. Others are so full of creativity and inspiration you can't help but want to get back home and try something new and exciting. I like both settings, but I'm mostly excited to be doing this with my partner in crime, Rachel! It's coming on a year of doing this together. We've learned a lot and still have much to learn, but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. Thanks for being awesome Rach!

Every chance I get I'm drawing some kind of simple design in my sketchbook for either an embroidery or watercolor.. sometimes both. For me the two techniques go hand in hand. I treat my embroideries much like my paintings and I prefer my paintings simple and bold. I thought I'd share some favorite projects, but be sure to checkout our latest in the Mumre shop regularly! 


Simple bold and beautiful embroidery floss bookmarks.

The beginning of something random... Not sure what yet.


Pick up sticks! It's one of my childhood favorites.  Heck, it's still one of my favorites. I fell in love with this design so much I have been doing watercolors of it too. Maybe some bookmarks next?


This nostalgic piece is on Etsy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment