Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Time to Myself


While I may not be alone, it's time to do what momma wants. I'm watching one of my all time favorite movies, eating a nice snack, drinking some cider, and working on a embroidery project just for the fun of it! My kiddos are down for the night and my husband ended up falling asleep too. The night is young so I'm going to enjoy this minute by minute.


I don't know why it took me so long to get into embroidery. I've always preferred sewing by hand vs. machine. Controlling the color in each stitch by is so similar to painting for me. Each stitch provides a particular feel and texture just as a brush stroke would. Embroidery and painting seem to go hand in hand with me, while I'm working on one I have a fun idea for the other. I often get torn on what to sit down and work on.

Though I love all kinds of crafting, this week I've been into sitting down, enjoying the cool weather, and hand stitching something from scratch. My current project is a fun small snowflake. One of my favorite things on this earth is snow! I can't get over how unique they all are and their intricacy. I thought it would be a perfect piece to just make up as I go and just have fun with it. This piece is inspired by a photographed snowflake with all kind of colors reflecting off of it. I love where I'm at so far and I can't wait to show you how it turns out.

Cheers to time for myself and a chance to chill out and enjoy the little things!

- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment